So wonderful to hear from you all this week! Man, this week just flew by for me. I can't believe how fast time goes when you're having fun! Sounds like everyone had a good week and is happy. so, as you know, transfers are this week. We didn't get the double shift call last night so that means one of us is staying in the area. I don't know who it's going to be so far, I've only been in each area for two transfers, but Elder Fell has been here for 4 and a half months so you never know.
| Elder Johnson and his adopted Samoan brother, Joel |
| The Matapouri Street Crew |
| Playing some Rugby before bedtime |
| Tossin' the ol' Rugby ball |
I am actually really hoping I stay. If so, on Friday we have a massive as lesson planned with the Young Yen family with three families that are ready to be baptized....that's 16 people! Oh my goodness!! That will be such a miracle for us. To be honest, I think we deserve it cause of the work we've done in the area already and with no results! So, yeah, I really hope I stay. I love this ward and I'm really enjoying the people in the area that we are teaching!
So, this week, I got really upset--well not mad or anything, just really let down! On Thursday, we had an amazing miracle lesson with three young girls. Vil, Loviana and Mel, they are Joel's big sisters. Anyways, we taught them the Plan of Salvation on the road outside their house. They accepted the invitation to be baptized and wanted the baptism to be on Saturday so that we could be the ones to baptize them in case we got transferred. We knew that they were the elect! They have been to church heaps because their father is a less active so they were ready. So, the next day we got Brother Young Yen to come with us to ask the father for permission. He can only speak Samoan so Brother Young Yen was the man! Anyway, we rock up tot he girls' house and there were a lot of people there. I'm not gonna lie, I felt very uncomfortable because a lot of the family are members of another church and three Mormons come walking through a big family gathering! Well, we found the father and Bro Young Yen started speaking in Samoan. They spoke for five minutes and Brother Young Yen said, yep, the father said it's ok and that he wants to come back to church soon as well. Man, I was so relieved, because when Samoans speak there is no emotion so you don't know if what they're saying is good, bad, mean, nice or funny unless they laugh after or something! So, I thought the dad was going to say no! Anyways, we got the okay and were about to leave when all of a sudden the Aunty (the wife of the minister from another church) came mobbing in our direction! She started saying stuff about Mormons and yelling at the father. It didn't go very well! The father was really uncomfortable so he just said, Elders we'll just wait for my sister to move, then you can baptize them. I was so excited to have a miracle baptism from out of no where! It's not time yet, but hopefully soon! I was really just let down and a little upset with the situation.
I am really loving this area. I'm really hoping that I get to stay one more transfer. There are good things coming our way and to be honest, going through the past few months with not much success, I wanna be here for when the success comes! Things are goin' good! I'm happy and I'm really hoping I can get to see the Stolworthys!!!
I love you guys and I miss you heaps! Have an amazing week. Be safe and make good choices! Stand in Holy Places!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment