Sunday, November 16, 2014

Definitely Not P day Weather Today

Hello everyone!  It's great to hear from everyone today.  The weather here right now is definitely not P day weather....kovi man!  But we might go ice skating today.  That would be great fun.  Not a lot to do when it's raining ever since Elder Matthew left.  We used to go play rugby in the rain, but we'll figure something out.  Other than the past couple days though it's starting to get really warm.  Sounds like it's getting really cold back home-ha ha!  Be careful in the snow though!

So last week we had the first zone p day ever in the mission.  It was great!  We played rugby for like 2 hours.  Then we tried to play football, but that didn't work because all of the Island and Australian missionaries started playing as if it were rugby so we just went back to rugby--ha ha.  It was fun being able to spend some time with other missionaries that we aren't really ever allowed to talk with.

First ever Zone P day




This week was really good.  We were able to accomplish a lot in both of the areas that we're working in.  We have three new investigators that we got and we were able to invite one of them for baptism.  Janice, she was a referral from Sister Boaden.  So we went over to the house and they had just gotten home.  Janice let us in and we began to teach her and invite her for baptism.  It was pretty cool.  The following day we went over there to see how she was doing and how her prayer went.  Elder Falatau and I weren't quite sure what we wanted to share with her.  While we were visiting we both started talking about the Word of Wisdom, which isn't normally something that we teach second.  We talked a lot about smoking in particular and really just talked with her and asked her questions like, honestly you can't tell us that smoking is good for you.  Anyways, she told us that she thinks we're psychics because while she was smoking that morning she had a voice tell her in her head that today is the day she's going to stop smoking!!  We were like, that, my friend is the Spirit!  So, she's cutting down smoking and preparing for her baptismal date in December.

We're supposed to have two baptisms this week.  Not to sure how solid they are though--pretty dodgy, they didn't come to church!  They have been to church enough times to qualify--I'm not too sure if they really understand everything.  I don't want to baptize into less activity so we'll see how this week goes with them.

I was able to go on a trade off with Elder Toolson this week.  Man, that was awesome.  This is the third time he and I have served together in the same zone so we know each other pretty good.  I definitely want to hang out with him when I get home.  We got to ride the train around and talk with people on there.  I've never before done that so it was pretty cool!  Elder Falatau and I cover some of his area but we are only allowed to teach the Tongan people.  So, I was looking after our area while I was with him as well.  We found a house that looked like an Island house.  So we knocked on it!  I was a little nervous though because Elder Falatau wasn't there.  He puts the team on his back when I run out of words to say.  I just did it anyways!  A little old lady came to the door.  Immediately I said, Malo e lelei!  If she responds she's Tongan--if she looks at me like I'm crazy, she's Samoan or something else..ha!  She responded!  I started asking her questions like how her day was, what she has been up to, etc.  Thankfully I was able to follow what she was saying and respond!  Man, it was awesome.  Elder Toolson was like where did you learn that?  I was proud of myself though!  Normally I just get nervous and lose all confidence in myself and just respond in English but it was different that time.

I'm still loving serving with Elder Falatau.  We have good times.  He does this thing that's kindof like what me and my friends used to do.  When we see shwoah as people, instead of saying SHWOOAAAH he calls out to them and says, "Hey Zach! or "Hey Zeej"  ha ha ha, man, I'm gonna use that from now on with my friends!  He's a really good missionary.  I've learned a lot from him! Charity probably the most!  He's the man when it comes to that.


From Brother Parker--a Professional fighter he visited with a few months ago
That's the week!  Things are going great.  I'm still dandy--the church is still true so I have nothing to complain about!  I miss you guys though.  I hope that all is well.  Be safe and make good choices!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment