So to start off the week, we had a family home evening with Wallymei and his mother. We knew that he wasn't ready to be baptized this weekend. If he had gotten baptized, he would be just as less active as his mother. So, we had a sit down with her and Elder Falatau told her straight up, hey--we want Wallymei to get baptized, but we want you to come back to church and support him. BOOM! She got so angry and was saying some crazy things. Eventually I stepped in when she started crossing the line on what she was saying to my companion. I asked her if the name Gordon B. Hinckley rang any bells.....she said not to bring him into this! I shared with her his thoughts on baptizing people into less activity and that we weren't going to be responsible for that. Long story short, we were kicked out of her house. The thing is, we did the right thing. It's not good to baptize just to get a few numbers. We are not going to do that. So, it's for the best. The ward supports us and says to stay away for awhile.
So this week we worked really hard on trying to find some new people to teach. Long days of walking in the sun, with little success. So, this week, we are really going to be working closely with the members. Trying to organize times for them to come out with us and help us find some new people.
We have a specialized training Wednesday with Mt. Roskill Zone and President Balli. I'm really hoping that we will get some help and other ideas on some finding. I've been kind of stressed lately, but it's alright! I can't run faster than I'm able!
Things are good though. This transfer is already almost over which is pretty crazy. I hope I stay here for Christmas! I haven't heard anything about Skype, but if my companion can't Skype because of where he lives and his family does not have Skype, I'll probably just call home. I would feel bad, but we'll see what happens! I love you guys, hope all is well!
| Coconut from Tonga |
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment