So, this week we still struggled just a little bit in having a whole lot of people to teach. We are still trying to get a few more people. We have some really good Tongan people that we have lessons with this week, so that should be good. We're happy about that. Hopefully we can start to get some people coming to Church. It's actually really hard, harder than I ever thought with the missionaries that are in the Tongan or Samoan wards their whole mission. They are only allowed to teach Samoan or Tongans and most of the people that they find are already strong as in another church. That's how it is for us at the moment. So many people this week said--look we already have our own church, but if you're ever hungry or thirsty, come on over! ahhhhhh come on! ha ha!
Last night President Balli called me and he told me that he has some more responsibilities for me. I'll be training a new missionary this coming Thursday. So that will be cool. It's pretty funny though. I was reading my patriarchal blessing this week and it said that I will train and be a leader while on my mission. I remember thinking I wouldn't mind doing that again....ha ha.....nek minnit! Elder Falatau was pretty gutted. We really wanted to spend Christmas here in both of the wards that we are currently covering. But, I'm excited to train again!
Yes, things are going good. I'm glad you all had a good week. Hopefully next week, I'll have some good stories to send home to you! I love you guys! Have a good week!
| Elder Johnson's Tongan name tag |
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment