This week was really good. Early this week, we had a mission leadership conference. It was all of the leaders in the mission at a big conference with President. It was awesome. I got to see a lot of my friends there. I got to see Elder Larson and Hopoate. Elder Hopoate was telling me he got emergency transfered to Manukau because one of the missionaries got jumped! Not smart to do that to missionaries....ha....the members are very protective around here. He's loving South Auckland. The meeting was ages long....like from 7:40 am to 4! It was good--a lot of questions were asked. I love President Balli--he's the man! He doesn't want us to be robots and I like that!
Last week, Monday, we went to have a lesson with our set Wallymei. We taught about prophets and followed up on his baptism date. During the lesson, his older sister, Bella, came home and sat in on the lesson as well. We ended up teaching her and inviting her to be baptized on the same day! So, on the 22nd we're hoping to have 2 baptisms. This is the awesome part----we were talking about prayer and how they would both pray about their date and I knew that Heavenly Father would give them an answer and I shared the experience about Jane praying for her date....ha ha ha, and when I said the name Jane, Wallymei's mom was like hey--that's my niece! WHAT? I was freaking out. Just another miracle for us to witness. It helped us get a better relationship with the family. We ended up doing service for them during the week as well and I think things are going good. Pretty crazy though!
Another family that we're working with now is a part member family in our ward, the Toala's. We went over there last night and they fed us....too much ha ha! I'm starting to put on more weight finally! They told us that they needed help and that we were the ones that could help. We put together a calendar to help them stop smoking and man, it's gonna work, I know it! Hopefully we will be able to help Lasi prepare for baptism. She would be awesome at the church! So keep them in your prayers.
| Dinner last week---soooo good! |
| Elder Falatau and Elder Johnson |
| Elder Falatau |
Things are still going good here. We are excited for this week to come so that we can find new investigators, especially in the Tongan ward. My Tongan is getting alright. I just want to help Elder Falatau more! He's doing most of the work at this point, but I"m determined this week! Man, this area has heaps of potential. We're gonna blow it up, man! So I'm excited!
I hope all is well for you guys. I love and miss you so much. Hope you have a good week.
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment