Sunday, February 1, 2015

We Have Been Able to Witness Miracles

Hello everyone!  Good to hear from all of you guys!  I hope all is well and that you guys are happy!!  Superbowl today aye, I really hope Kaden is rooting for the Seahawks--I really need the Seahawks to lose ha ha (it is a family joke that whoever Kaden roots for loses--he's a Cubs fan!!)  Today should be a good day--we're having Zone p day and I think we are playing football and having a BBQ.  So that should be awesome.  I always enjoy Zone p days.  I don't know why we can't always do stuff, but oh well, today will be awesome.

So this week was really good!  We had a lot of good things happen for us.  Right now we don't have any problems.  I know it's because we are doing everything that we are supposed to....getting up on time, talking with everyone and doing service for those around us.  I know that's why we have been able to witness miracles!  Although...this week was pretty tempting!  It was the League Nines weekend ha ha--I really wanted to watch it aye, but we did pretty good!  I really love this area!  Which makes me nervous because last time I said that, I got transferred!  I really don't want to get transferred anymore!  If I make it to this next one then I'll be here for sure two more months because the next transfer is 8 weeks---so hopefully!  This week was awesome!

On Thursday, I teamed up with our Zone Leader, Elder Johnston.  We went on a trade off in my area.  It was awesome.  He and I work really good together.  I have a lot of confidence when I work with him.  We were able to find some new investigators and have quite a few other lessons that went really well.  He and I met this girl named Huia.  She is in her 20's and has a lot of questions about religion.  She was asking heaps of why questions that the Restoration covers.  We were able to answer her questions until she had to go.  We set up a return appointment!  So we're going to go by tomorrow and hopefully have a really good lesson and invite her for baptism.  Another good experience that he and I had--we went to contact a referral named Kelimete.  He's a Tongan guy and his brother recently got baptized in Henderson Stake and he was keen as on learning more.  So, Elder Johnston and I went over there and had a very powerful Restoration lesson.  Man, it went so good!  We invited him for baptism and he wants to get baptized on the 21st of this month!  So we gotta keep working with him and he'll be ready!  We went over there to his house on Saturday to invite him to a baptismal service and his dad answered the door heated as!!  He's a strong Catholic Tongan man who does not want anymore of his sons being Mormons! ha  Ah well, we're still going to work with him!  Kelimete is 36, he can make his own choices!  I really enjoyed my trade off with Elder Johnston, he's a good missionary!

I was so happy yesterday at church.  I was able to give Ronal the Aaronic Priesthood.  He's doing so well and he and I have gotten really close since I first met him until now.  I was able to really see the change in him as he took those steps in his life to follow Christ.  It makes me so happy to see him doing so well.

I think I forgot to tell you last week about an experience that Elder Summers and I had.  We went to visit one of our favorite potential families.  They are Samoan.  The lady, her name is Kim.  Her husband was paralyzed in a Rugby accident 9 years ago--a day after his daughter was born.  She has had a pretty hard life but has still managed to remain happy.  Malala, her husband, is an amazing man.  He is just grateful to be alive and he has a lot of faith.  We have taught them a little bit about the Plan of Salvation but never the whole thing.  Just about Resurrection and that Malala would be able to walk again.  Kim's brother passed away unexpectedly and she was really going through a hard time.  We felt prompted to go by and visit them.  We taught the Plan of Salvation and that there was more to God's plan than just heaven and hell.  She said that we really helped her!  The Spirit was so strong, my love for them grew so much!  I know that one day they will come to the church.  I'm so grateful for the week that we had and the opportunity I have to be a missionary.  I love and miss you guys heaps!!  Have an amazing week!  Go Patriots, aye!!




Ofa Atu,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment