Hello Family! Man, it's really good to hear from you! That photo of all of you guys at Toolson's homecoming, that is awesome! I'm jealous you guys got to see them. Those two are like my best friends. I hope they didn't tell you too many stories! (We went to Elder Toolson's homecoming talk this morning in Alpine and met him and his family and Sister Williams who returned from there a few weeks ago.) This week has been hectic and full of mixed feelings!
So, as you heard, I got a call from President Balli on Monday when we were going to the movie. At first I thought he was going to say we're not allowed to go anymore and I was going to be sad, but then he said, "Elder Johnson, I have a new assignment that I want to extend to you...(in my head I was like freeaaak, I know what that is!) and sure enough, I was called to be Zone Leader in Whangarei Zone with Elder Faamau. He's the man! He is just like Elder Peihopa. Plus, I would get to see all the people from a year ago! So, I packed up my gears and went and said goodbye to everyone! Man, they were awesome! Seini made me horse and Manioke, Lome's family made us Sipi and Manioke and then the Tuifua family had Chinese for us! So, I had heaps and enjoyed the last little while that I had to spend with them. I really miss them and the people in Panmure. I'm telling you--it's just different up here, ha! You'll see one day!
So, Thursday, I went to transfer meeting and got Elder Faamau and then straight up north. He's the man though. I'm really excited to work with him. So, our area is straight up boonies--like 45 minutes away and so we didn't have time to go out when we got there, so we went straight to see Sister Ruka! ha ha--you should have seen her face when she saw me at the her door! My cheek got kissed like crazy man---dang! It has been really awesome seeing people from Whangarei again and even better to see some of the people that we were teaching are now baptized and attending church!
Being a Zone Leader is weird. I'm still getting used to it! I just feel like there are plenty of other missionaries that would be better than me. Even other missionaries, when they find out I'm Zone Leader, they just crack up! I'm happy because I feel like it will help me finish strong and plus--it's where Heavenly Father wants me to be so I just go with it! I'm still not a fan of the emotional roller coaster the mission puts you on, but I'm glad to be settling in well! Man, I really miss Auckland and the families there, but I can't wait to see them again one day!
The work is going good....although we aren't as busy as me and Elder Summers were when I left. We have to help missionaries.....then drive an hour to an appointment and there is like no one to talk to so I hope that the work picks up a bit, aye! It was a really good week though! Like I said, a little rough on my anxiety, but still doing good! I miss you guys and love you heaps!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment