This week was pretty good. At first, to be honest, I was really bored! The work in our area is just heaps slow. It's good and it's there, but during the day no one is home due to farm work so we're just ready to get a good game plan on how we want to divide our areas. We have been blessed with an amazing Bishop--Bishop Preston and his wife really helps us in our work. I'm getting to know a lot more members and settling into my new home well. I actually know a lot of the people already. Sister Ripi is in our ward (she took good care of me in my first area). She lives out here now so it has been really good catching up with her. We're actually teaching Sister Ripi's sister and husband so we're hoping to see some progress there this week. It was pretty cool though.....last night for dinner we had dinner with the Stone family. I remembered their name from last year when Jake emailed me and said that his companion was from Whangarei. Well, I had dinner at his house last night! He gets back in May so I'm hoping that I can talk with him and see what he reckons about Jake--ha ha! It was awesome! I got to catch up with the Semenoff family and also my old Bishop, Bishop Reti. I really missed those guys and it was funny talking with them. It was like I never left! So, I'm glad that I got to come to an area where I already know people! That makes transfers easier!
I'm really excited for tomorrow though. We have Elder Bednar coming to speak to our whole mission. That should be great! He is the 2nd Apostle that I have gotten to meet on my mission. Plus, it's Mission Conference so I'll get to see everyone! Tomorrow is going to be a blast!
So, last P day it was Elder Finau's birthday (he's a straight bro by the way) and all he wanted was a Tongan feed. So, we went around everywhere getting pig heads! We asked around for horse and taro, but no one had any so we just got manioke! Man, it was awesome! I really miss that food. I talked to Pita and told him to get us some while we are down there tomorrow. So, we'll see ha!
Things are going good! I'm getting used to the area as well as my new calling. I'm happy. I just really want to finish strong, aye. I don't wanna get lazy. I just feel that in the area we are in and being so far away from the city---it's easy as to get lazy and I just don't want that! So..we're gonna continue to work hard and help our brothers and sisters. I miss you guys heaps! Have a good week! Ofa Atu moutolu! Oh, I'll send you some photos later! (He sent the following pictures later!)
![]() |
| Meeting with Elder Gifford Nielsen |
| Elder Faamau and Elder Johnson |
| Pig Heads (Manioke) |
Elder Johnson

No comments:
Post a Comment