Sunday, December 15, 2013

Kia Ora Whanau!

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season--celebrating the birth of our Savior.  It's the best time of the year.  I'm still adjusting to having no snow and thinking that Christmas is next week.  It's just not working for me!  It was so good to hear from you guys and I'm sorry it's a little late today.  I had a pretty good week.  I was able to attend the Hamilton Temple last week.  Wow, that was a much needed trip!  I went seeking, hoping that I could leave with ways to better myself and the area we serve in.  Man, it was such a good experience.  The Temple presentation was amazing.  I love it so much more.  It gave me chills, so amazing!  We took big buses down and I was able to see some of my buddies from the mission.  One of them, you are never going to believe this, Elder Jenson--he played for Skyline, ha ha!  I told him I played baseball for Mountain Crest and he about crapped when he realized who I was!  He was like NO WAY!  Man we couldn't have beat you guys twice and all this stuff, but it was funny to talk to him about that game.  I called 'em cheaters and punks for watching film, but it was a fun day to relax, ha!  (Before the Skyline vs Mt Crest game in the 2012 State Tournament, the coaches at Skyline viewed film of Elder Johnson pitching--film/videos that Grandpa Butler took at his games and posted on Vimeo for us to see.  Skyline had his number that game and got the win)

Later in the week, we worked hard trying to find people because sometimes we can't get in touch with our investigators on an everyday basis.  Maria is doing good, still trying to get a date set for her to get baptized.  Still on the same page with the other investigators, so really we're trying to find more people to teach.

Whangarei, Kaikohe, Henderson and Harbour Zones at the Hamilton Temple
 
Then, of course, early Saturday morning I woke up with that ahhh crap feeling that everyone hates!  I woke up at 3 in the morning throwing up KFC that Raj bought us for dinner the night before.  I have never been so sick in my life!  I had a bad fever, throw up, diarrhea and a bad head ache.  The worst part was motion sickness.  If I moved my head too fast, I would just throw up everywhere.  It was a bad day!  Sister Ruka helped though, she brought over Gatorade and noodles and stuff--and this Maori medicine that I will use forever!  I called Sister Lekias and she told me to stay in bed all day and not to move!  Then our leaders came over and said, "come on, we need you out there, you can do it!  Endure--go out and serve and you will be healed faster!  I hit 'em with a quick stuff that stuff you, ha ha!  I was so sick and they wanted me to go ride my bike and go against Sister Lekias.  I don't think so, sorry Elders!  I am feeling a lot better now, still don't have a whole lot of energy or appetite, but I am back to my normal self.

Vest made by a sister in the ward

First time Elder Benetito mowed the lawn
I was able to attend the Christmas Devotional yesterday.  It was really good.  I was looking for you guys, I thought I saw Brynn when it showed all those children singing, ha ha.  It was really good.  I'm really not used to hearing American accents.  You don't notice how annoying the typical Utah lady accent is until you're in another country, ha ha!  I really enjoyed the program though.  Next week on Sunday is bring a friend to church Sunday--all the members are to bring a non member friend to church.  I would love to extend that invitation to you.  Someone who needs the Gospel--who could find good in the messages of Christ.  What better time than the Christmas Sunday!  I love you guys and I miss you heaps.  Hope all is well!  Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment