Sunday, December 8, 2013

Kia Ora Whanau!!

Good to hear from you guys!  I'm glad you guys are doing well!  I'm happy you got my mail as well.  Man, that was fast.  I sent that on Monday!!  Enjoy those necklaces.  Each carving has a different story, so I hope you choose the one that fits you perfect.

I know you are at the Devotional so you probably won't be able to respond, but I had an amazing week!  I experienced some really quite crazy weather.  When it rains here, it is very, very extreme rain.  I had my full body rain coat and my umbrella for the beginning of the week.  Then it decided to get 90 degrees and sunny.  Ha, oh my goodness, it has been so hot.  The heat here is different than back home.  It fries ya quick!  I'm getting fried, but I love the heat so it's all good!

This week was really good.  We met with Maria, the Italian girl that we met while walking on the street.  It was a beautiful lesson.  We taught the Restoration and the Spirit was so strong, especially when I recited the First Vision, man, I get goose bumps every time I share that with someone.  It was amazing.  She learned a lot about how the priesthood worked and being baptized by someone who has that authority.  She asked us "so when can I get baptized?" Ha, I was like...um, how about ASAP?  The only thing with her is that she is a foreign exchange student so she has to wait to get a confirmation on when she can actually get baptized, but we're hoping soon!

Later that day, we went to a dinner appointment, had our dinner, shared a scripture, asked for referrals (of course :-) and as we were leaving there was this lady at the bottom of the stairs who recognized us as Mormons.  We went in and taught her a quick lesson and invited her to be baptized and she is set for the 28th whooooo!!!  (and it gets better)  There is a less active brother in the ward named Reuben.  We visit him now and then.  Anyways, he's awesome.  He lives with his partner....no no, we arranged for them to get married next week!!!  And...Gayleen is getting baptized on the 11th of January!!  Whoooo, so this week has been amazing!  I love when I can recognize the Spirit when I'm teaching!  It's the "baest.....I LAV IT!!"  ha ha Anyways, I loved our week!  It sounds like you guys had a great one as well.  So good to hear.  I miss you guys and I can't wait to talk to you on the phone soon!  Whoooo hooooo!!

Elder Johnson and Sister Ruka

Elder Benetito and Elder Johnson SO HOT!


Have a great week!  I love you guys so much!!! 
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment