Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our Second Handwritten Letter

We went to California from July 17 to July 23 for Tanner's baseball tournament.  The day we left, our neighbor sent us a text letting us know we received a letter from New Zealand!  Zach wrote this letter on July 14. 

Dear Family,

I am still doing great and I am having an amazing time.  It gets so cold here at night.  I have the worst sore throat and runny nose!  I have put on almost 10 pounds here...I haven't even left the MTC yet, it is awesome!  I leave Wednesday at 8 am.  I am so excited.  I have learned so much and I cannot wait to teach some real peeps.

There is one Elder here that I love.  He is a local Maori stud.  I seriously consider him one of my best friends, his name is Elder Ormond.

The MTC by night when we're all excused is a freakin' party!  I go and buy the Tongan and Samoan Elder's candy because they are poor...I love them-they are the nicest most amazing people I have met.  They have only learned English for four weeks!!  They gave me a lava lava and asked if I would always remember them.  That will make you feel good!

I miss you guys so much and think about you every day.  I hope you guys are doing good.  I want you to know that I am happy!  I have the Spirit all the time and it helps me not get home sick.  I miss hanging out with you guys!  I miss talking with everybody- it already seems like forever!  But, I have great friends here who keep me going when I get down. 

I love you guys and Chewie--give him a treat for me! 

Love you so much--
Love your son and brother,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment