Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kia Ora Family

Man I love Mondays :-)  I get to shop and hang out with the other Elders!  (which is really nice...)  I'm jealous of your California trip!  It looks like you had a good time, aye.  Everyone looks good.  Tanner's hair is mean as.  Hope Brynney had a good birthday.  I sang for her in the shower ha ha!

This has been a pretty good week.  I'm starting to get into the swing of things, getting up in the morning is getting easier.  I'm learning a lot!  Elder Villiamu and I are really getting a long we both love music so we just jam to EFY in the car.  We are planning a musical number during the next fireside.  I'm going to play the ukulele and he's gonna sing some poly tunes.  Oh and I hit a possum!!  It was hilarious.  The members told us to hit them cause they're pests to their farms-- ha ha challenge accepted :-)

Me and my companion went to a house where there were just two girls in their 20's, I would say.  They were drinking and they told us to come in and have one with them.  My companion said, "nice try Satan you're going to have to try harder than that!" ha ha ha It was so funny.  Later we met a guy out in town who was a naturalist....sheeeewoahhh!  ha ha

I'm taking my studies a lot more serious.  It's amazing to me how much we need the scriptures in the mission.  There is an answer for every question you have in there.  If you are going through struggles there is a story in there that will help you out.  I love reading about Ammon...total stud!

I really try to have the Spirit all day.  It's hard sometimes cause it will leave the second you slip up.  I am not allowed to say oh my heck--it's a bad word to my comp.  He's solid, ha ha---I really like him though.  I miss music the most, not xbox.  I miss jammin to some Johnny Cash and my country--but I have some country church music so we're good!

I love the peace and happiness that the Spirit brings me. I love when I lay in bed and just think (that's the only time I have time).  I think a lot about my future- not so much about my career but to have a family and be sealed forever like we are!  It makes me so happy to know that we can be together forever--so what's two years!

Anyways, the mission so far has changed my way of thinking.  Everything is related to the church or ways to stay happy in life.  I've learned from the Maori people that family is all you need to be happy.  They don't have a lot but they are all so happy and loving.  They are beautiful people.

Tawai (the kid that we baptized) is Maori.  He is such a stud!!  He is Kaden's age but is as big as Gaje--he is a tank.  Anyways, his whole family who are not members came to his baptism and I hope they follow his example.

I love the mission.  It's hard for me to stay focused at times and not think about home, but I love being a missionary.  I love when a kid at a house we are visiting says a prayer and says please bless the missionaries or we're grateful for the missionaries--it makes me so happy!

I love you guys so much!!  It's hard sometimes, I'm not gonna lie, but Heavenly Father helps me be at peace and focus!  I miss you and I hope you all have a good week!!

Love your son and brother,
Elder Johnson

Zach's first baptism--Tawai (14)
Elder Villiamu, Tawai, Not sure, Elder Johnson
Cool houses

Zach in Paihia (beautiful)

A beautiful view (not sure where he is)

How Zach celebrated Brynn's birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment