Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's Been a Good Week

I am really learning so much, it's amazing.  It's getting a lot easier for me to talk with the people.  This week I noticed one of my strengths that I feel is going to be really important on my mission.  That is relating interests like music, sports and movies!  There were 4 or 5 times this week where I started talking about music or something to get them to open up.  It is really helpful especially when I met teenagers who like some 2 chainz :-)

We visit a family, Mark and Bell.  They are the coolest family.  Mark is a tattoo artist and loves his rap.  I talk to him about tattooing because I watched that LA Ink show and he loves 2Pac and Eazy E.  I got him to like us just by talking to him about his music and stuff.  My companion was just clueless--he is good at talking about other stuff!!

This week was full of spiritual moments!  We taught amazing families and they learned so much!  It's crazy when you are teaching families and you teach them and they can actually understand me when I didn't even understand what I said--ha ha!  The best experience was last night.  We went to dinner at our ward mission leader's house and he invited these little girls that they wanted us to work with.  We taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It went well--after we taught, it was silent and the Spirit was working on them.  I invited all three of them to be baptized!  So, the 31st they will be baptized---whooo!!

Here s a funny story for you--me and my companion were walking down the road and there were two huge as dogs behind a gate.  These are the same dogs as the beast in Sandlot k?  They were barking up a storm and trying to get me.  I started to tease it and bark at it--the next thing you know, that stupid dog jumps over the gate and starts freakin' chasing me!!  ha ha ha  I ran and jumped on top of a parked car.  My companion left me to die and sprinted down the road.  While the dog was circling the car I was stranded on, people kept driving by and laughing at me.  I was up there for 15 minutes until these gangster dudes pulled up next to me and drove me to my companion.  I was so scared!  So yeah, that was pretty funny for my companion!

Things are good though!  I've put on 11 pounds and weigh 70 kilo's.  I eat so much food.  My favorite is sweet chili fries.  Go to Maceys and buy frozen French fries and a bottle of sweet chili sauce.  You will love it!  Any who--I miss my family so much and I think about you everyday.  Keep it spiritual and pray always!  LOVE YOU!!

Love,
Matua Honne Hana (Elder Johnson)

PS  By the way--Bailey will go to London England or Miami Florida!  I have zone conference next P day so I will email home on your Monday, my Tuesday.

Johnson Park




No comments:

Post a Comment