Hey guys!
I got all your mail so I thought I would send you something! I hope you like the front :-) It's me looking out the front door of my flat! My companion took the picture :-) (it is actually a card with Frodo looking out of the Shire) Hope you can read this! I feel my handwriting has gotten better since the mission.
Man, I love being a missionary! It is seriously the best experience I've ever had. I'm super busy but it's so worth it. I love working and teaching families with kids cause I just mess with them and make them laugh. I'm sure you could believe that! This family in Paihia, President Smith's family. They have young kids and I play with them and make them laugh, then I teach them a cool story from the Book of Mormon. While I was playing, Sister Smith told my companion that I'm their favorite missionary from the States....whooo! That makes me feel good.
So, tonight we had a lesson with Wally. The Spirit was so strong and I know he could feel it. I recited the First Vision and I felt the Spirit speaking through me. It was nuts! After the lesson, Brother Brown (he was at the lesson), said that me reciting that was one of the most spiritual moments he's ever had. Wow, that meant so much to me. I've had so many good experiences and I've only been out 2 months. Who knows how much I'll have in 2 years!
My companion is going through my closet right now-just like dad used to, ha ha! He's like do you want this? Just like dad! Ah, that's fine though, I miss Dad! I miss all of you so much! I miss coming home from work and having grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and hanging and talking with Mom. I miss hanging with and watching Kaden play Xbox and talkin' with him about sports! Love you man! I miss Brynny and her sweet spirit around me. She always made me smile. I miss teasing you too, Brynny--ha ha. Love you! I miss me and Tanner staying up late as talking about life and whatever. I'm so glad we were able to do that man. I love how you know what is right! You were and are an example to me!
Dad, I miss you man! You taught me so much and I'm so grateful to have you as my dad. You and Mom are the best parents I could ever have. I'm so grateful for my family! I think of you everyday and I'm glad we're so strong. I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Oh! Can't forget about Chewie! You're the man...miss you keeping me safe at night! Man I got sloppy near the end, ha ha. Sorry! Well, I miss you! Stay strong!
Kia Kaha (forever strong)
Love,
Elder Johnson
Keepin' it real in Middle Earth
No comments:
Post a Comment