How are you guys?! It sounds like you are all doing pretty well from your emails! I am doing very well in case you are wondering!! This week has been amazing, lots of good and bad experiences!!
So this week has been the best week on my mission so far! I seriously love it! Me and my companion are seriously getting along so great. He's told me a lot about his family and we talk about stuff like friends talk about. He's the only member in his family...it's really hard for him sometimes and I respect the heck out of him. He said I'm his favorite companion he's had! Wow! That means so much to me, he's been out a year. He and I act like me and Brans used to act, ha ha, we're always singin' and stuff ah he's the man.
We have been working real hard though, aye! We set some goals to help us find and to also teach people!! The mission weekly goal is to talk with 140 people a week per companionship. We've averaged about 50 in the past couple weeks, and we weren't really successful, but this week...we decided to go hard and we talked with 143 and in result we were blessed with 2 new investigators to be baptized at the end of the month :-) It's amazing how the Lord blesses us when we do what he asks!
Man, I've been working hard! By the time I get back to the flat every night I am so exhausted and it feels like only a nap til I'm back up and doing it again. I love it though, it's nice to have my days all planned out, ya know?
So this week my comp let me take the lead in the lessons. I was way more comfortable doing that than adding on or picking up where someone left off so it was a great experience for me. Kurt, our investigator, we taught him the gospel yesterday and it went amazing! We worked in such unity. The Spirit was with us! We invited him to be baptized, it was amazing!
The next investigator is Wally. He's in his 50's and ever since his mother passed away when he was 15 he said he had felt and heard spirits trying to tell him something by tapping on his door at night?? ehhhh, ha! So we taught him the Plan of Salvation, talked about the Temple ordinances like Baptism and stuff and he said himself he thinks that's what they're telling him to do! Amazing, aye!
So the bad experience...we knocked on a JW's door...and immediately wanted to bash and argue...we didn't take the bait just helped her understand our beliefs. Then she brought up war and why we go to kill when it's a commandment and she said some really hurtful things to me about our country and some of the things that have happened in the past. I got really offended and told her off a little bit--ha ha. Ya know the next two days were hard for me to have the Spirit and I knew it was because of that! So a couple of days later I said to my companion wait in the car, I'm gonna go talk to June (that's her name). I went up and said sorry and it went very well! She turned out to be a beautiful person! I was so glad I was able to say sorry to her.
So yeah guys, I'm loving my mission! It's amazing, I'm learning so much! OH!! It was so sick to go out with Elder Lewis--he's the man! Tomorrow I get to go on a trade off with one of my best friends from the MTC Elder Kapetini! I'm so excited :-) So I'm doing good! I hope you are as well!
I know this Church is true! It's amazing! Use the resources we have to gain a better knowledge! Love you guys!
Love your brother and son,
Elder Johnson


 |
Elder Daunikka, Elder Kapetini, Elder Viliamu, Elder Johnson, Elder Killpatrick, Elder Soule (was going home that day), Elder Lewis, Elder Taylor
We also sent his companion and email and he replied:
Hello Sister Johnson,
This is the first time my companions mother ever emailed me! It means a lot to me as well. So, thank you for that!
I am glad that Elder Johnson is enjoying his time here with me as well! He's the best companion I've ever had in the mission and I thought I would let you know that :-)
Um! Well for myself, I was born and raised in Samoa. So Samoan language is my first language. I moved to Wellington here in New Zealand in 2009. I was 17 then. It's been a wonderful journey for me! I wasn't a member all my life! I met the missionaries in 2010 and that's when I was baptized. A week before Christmas. I was the only one who decided to be baptized. And I'm still the only member! But not for long, well, I'm still keeping my hopes up! he he!
It's been a blessing for me to serve with Elder Johnson because I've had a tough time with all of my companions. But he's the Best. We've been having a lot of success because of the unity in our companionship. I'm just happy also to know that he trusts me enough to share with me his feelings. He has a wonderful testimony and I thank you for that! :-)
Thank you for your email and I pray that you'll have a wonderful week!
Enjoy!
Elder Viliamu
Here is some from Denise's email:
Hey mamma, HOW WE DOIN?? ha ha
How are you, Mom? Sounds like you are doing pretty good, glad you get to go to the Temple. I only get to go when our zone beats the record for people baptized in a month, ha ha and I think we're gonna get it this month! Me and my companion are saving souls like it's our job :-)
I want to thank the Butlers for the umbrella, I've needed that lately!
So, I dunno what I want ha ha, candy, maybe some crazy socks and my Duck Dynasty shirt. I miss you mom, I tried to cook bacon for my comp while he was in the shower...I dropped an egg on the ground, ugh, I bent down to clean it up and I look up and there are flames on the stove ha ha, the alarm is screaming, the toast was burnt and the floor was sticky ha ha, he just laughed at me!
My laundry is going good! You are a cool mom, you had my back so many times and I took it for granted--I'm sorry! I love you so much!! You are amazing and my Mom is beautiful!! I love and miss you so much--have a good week!
Here is some from Tanner's email (some of the words he uses in this email are not meant to be offensive-it is just Zach and the way he talks with his brothers and good friends--Zach has a sense of humor that makes us all laugh all the time--we sure miss it around here):
Dude what's up man?? Weeks are gonna be hard man--that was part of the plan! No one is gonna walk through a mission with a smile the whole time! I look at it like this--maybe me leaving will teach you stuff man--you're the big brother now! Make sure you are always building those two up. Be patient man, take them out with you to do stuff just like we did. It's easy man--ha ha, they love you, I know they do. Now you just gotta be best friends! Dude is Madden sick? I'm gonna miss Kaepernicking on your arse! ha ha I'm glad things are going good for you, but trust me, I think about all that fun stuff we used to do all the time. It makes me sad brotha, but I'm not dead dude! This nigga's still alive and we will be able to do all that stuff again. Just take it day by day man--know that I love you so much! I would take a bullet for you bro! You're the man--and stronger than me in so many ways. Stay like that, don't change for anyone man!
I love you dude have a good week! Love your bro!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment