Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hey! I'm back!!

(Our first little email today said that the internet was down at the church so they were at an Internet Café and only had 20 minutes and they would write more later if the internet got back up at the church).

Loved hearing from you guys today!  Sounds like everyone is doing very well!  That makes me so happy.  I'm so glad to hear that Tanner is doing very well.  I was pretty worried about him.  This week was a pretty interesting one.  We were out of k's or miles cause we reached our monthly limit so we were walking and getting rides with people--ha ha that was fun!  We parked our car at a member's house all week.  They are awesome.  Brother and Sister Hohia are their names.  Brother Hohia is HUGE AZ and he's just a funny big guy, he is the man!  HE was showing me old photos and he showed me this one of his old branch when he was a Bishop.  As I was looking closely and I came across a cat that looked just like Richardson.  I said, is that Elder Richardson?  And he was like yeah--you know him?  Ha ha ha, it was crazy they knew him and everything--they love him!  So that was pretty cool.

So me and Elder Viliamu had a pretty crazy experience this week!  It was on Friday night, we had just left Mark and Bel's house and we were walking down a really long dark road.  We were talking with each other and we were fine...I wasn't really scared or anything but I felt like we were being followed and I kept watching our back.  We kept walking down this long road and we were trying to call people to pick us up.  I found us a ride, we just had to wait for him to come and get us and right when I hung up the phone--me and Elder Viliamu looked at each other and said we need to get out of the dark!  Luckily there was a hotel across the road so we ran to that.  I have never felt a stronger prompting to do something.  It was a "get the freak across the road asap" thought and feeling that we both had at the same time.  Our ride came and we told him what happened.  He was the man, aye!  He told us that it was the Holy Ghost keeping us safe from the other side!  He gave us a blessing and everything, I was so grateful for him.

So that was the interesting part of the week, nothing too exciting.  This week we're gonna work as hard as we can.  It could be our last full week together so we're gonna go hard.  I love the mission so much, guys.  It is so amazing.  It's fun talking to EVERYONE you see.  I think I bug some people--right when I see them I walk straight to them and try to become friends!  I wish I could teach a family home evening!  I have some sweet az lessons I could teach you guys!  I use that puzzle that you gave me a lot.  People actually understand it better, it's amazing!

I love New Zealand.  I never forget to thank God every prayer for letting me serve here.  Whenever I feel like being lazy or not working as hard as I can, I just remember this amazing blessing that I am living!

I love you guys so much!  I hope you have a good week.  Be safe!  Take care of Tanner!!  ....and Chewie...Love you guys!

Brothers.....

"My pup"
Tanner's email today:

Dude, that makes me so happy!  I was honestly so nervous.  I started bawling during companionship study-- that is not like me....but I wanted to be there for you so bad.  I fasted on Wednseday, as well.  I'm glad everything went sweet and I'm glad you are doing good.  Can you play xbox?  Hopefully.  No school that is gonna be sweet az bro!  I'm still loving the mission man.  It is so fun you will love it!  Sorry I don't have a lot of time, the computers at the church aren't working so had to come to a café and pay--ugh!  I love you man!


Elder Viliamu also emailed us today:

I'm glad to know that Tanner went through the surgery very well because his brother was really worried.  You brought up your kids so well, I acknowledge you for that because Elder Johnson, he's the best thing that ever happened to me on my mission so far.  He's a friend and a brother to me!  I don't want to think about transfers anymore because it's scary now!  It is to me because I don't want to leave him, but I know somewhere and when, it will happen.

I'm very happy that Tanner is doing well because that's when I see how Elder Johnson really loves his brother just by his actions.  I like that, he teaches me also by example apart from cooking, of course, hee hee!  He'll just make some jello for us, anyways!  I'm rumbling on again!

We had a tough week last week, nothing bad though.  Just good experiences that will help us to learn and grow.  Last Friday, we were walking in the dark after our lesson with an investigator, both me and Elder Johnson felt something weird about their home for the first time.  As we were walking down from their home to the other side, it was about ten minutes walk, we both felt scared, especially myself.  We called a member of the Stake Presidency near by to pick us up to drop us off at home.  After that phone call, we both felt prompted so strongly that we need to cross the road to the light.  From that experience I'm grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was a scary experience, but that's when we both appreciate the gift of the Holy Ghost.  All good though, we're doing well.  We both got blessings after that.

Sorry not much this week, but Elder Johnson probably got more than I do!  Send my love to everyone and I hope you all enjoy Conference!

Have a wonderful week,
Sincerely,
Elder Viliamu

No comments:

Post a Comment