Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Spiritual Week

Hey everyone!!  How are you guys?  Hey, so I'm sorry about last week.  I didn't have a lot of time cause the zone leaders signed us up to go and help with some service...you know how much I love getting signed up for things!! :-)  How was your week?  Hope you are all loving school and work--ha ha!  I'm working pretty hard out here believe it or not--it's crazy how much work the mission requires.  I am so tired by the end of the day.  This week was really good.  Me and Elder Lewis got to be companions for a day--that was so sweet!  Everyone was asking us where we were from and we said the same place, that was funny! 

Elder Johnson and Elder Lewis both from Cache Valley

Brother Brown, the three sisters, Elder Johnson & Elder Viliamu

Well, another week down, things are going really good.  The baptism was on Saturday and Faith, Temata and Nooroa were baptized.  They are such amazing girls.  I'm so glad that I was able to teach them with my companion.  This week was also the first time I was able to administer to the sick.  My companion and I were called late in the evening by a lady we didn't know asking if we could give her daughter a blessing.  We went right away to the hospital.  Her name is Dominique and she is 16.  She was having heart problems and she couldn't even move.  The Spirit was so strong with me and my companion.  We had never met her before, but the way I felt during the blessing it felt like I did.  The Spirit was so strong.  My words were so powerful, I wasn't nervous at all.  It was amazing.  We couldn't stay after because the doctor came in, but as we left she looked at us and began to cry!  Ah, it was crazy.

Well, we are still working with Kurt!  He's the man, aye!!  He is so ready for baptism he just wants to know more.  The Church needs more dudes like him, aye.  I'm still loving my experience so far.  It is everything that I imagined.  Seriously, I can't get enough of the Maori culture.  It is so interesting.  I can even speak a little--ha ha.  They are such lovely people....well some of them...some are punks, ha! 

My scripture study is really coming along.  I love Alma.  He is the man!  Bold, humble and fearless.  That's how I want to be.  I ended up staying another transfer in Kaikohe!!  I'm with my comp still, phew!  We're still getting along hecka good.  Wow, I miss you guys heaps and I pray that you are all doing good!  Have a good week guys--Kia Kaha!!  Love you!

Love your son and brother,
Elder Johnson

A little bit from Kaden's email:

How are things going??  Mrs. Farris in health, huh?  She's teaching ya the good stuff aye :-)  Ha ha, that sucks about the homework!  I never had that problem, I just never did it :-)  but don't be like me, man!  YOU GOT MADDEN--ugghhhh, I wanna beat you in that, I got first game in two years, ha ha!  I miss you dude...you're the man!  I think about you lots and I want you to know I love you bro.  As you get older in school, you may realize that your eyes may keep you from doing stuff like driving or other things, but that's okay man!  Don't ever be sad or think why me cause you know what I realized?  God doesn't give trials to those who can't handle them!  I know you and I know you can handle it.  I felt like I should tell you that, man!  I hope you know I love you and you are an example to me.  I hope all is going good buddy--love you, bro!

Love,
Zach

A little bit from Brynn's email:

Hey Brynny--1D has a movie?  ha ha shwooooooahaahh ha ha jokes! I love and miss you so much!  I hope you are loving school.  I love your locker--now all it needs is a Braves sticker :-)  I hope you are remembering to read your scriptures.  I miss you and I miss bugging you like writing on your white board ha ha ha!  Are you taking care of Kaden??  I hope so!  I'm glad you are playing volleyball.  Everyone here is so so so good.  They hit it way hard.  I love you Brynny, I think about you every single day!  I wish I could give you a big ol' hug!  22 more months  Have a good week, Brynny!  I love you so much--you are the best little sister!

Love,
Zachy

No comments:

Post a Comment