Well, I had a pretty good week! Pretty busy but not a whole lot going on. We had a few good lessons and have a new investigator set for baptism for the 19 of October--birthday Baptism!! His name is Numi and he's Tongan. My companion can speak Tongan and I just sit there and laugh when they laugh ha! He's good though. He believes and knows everything we are sharing with him is true. The only thing is the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. Come on, people!! ha It's so hard for people here because they just don't get married. They have families but they are just "partners". It's so annoying ha ha!! So they either have to get married or move out in order to be baptized! some are really good. I was on trade offs last night with Elder Dauniika (zone leader) and we were teaching this couple who are so good that the boy is sleeping out in the tent in the yard so he can keep the law of chastity ha ha ha! That was the sickest thing I've seen! Numi can do it, just needs a little push! :-)
I'm hoping you heard from Sister Smith. Whooooo, she is awesome! I love her family they are so cool. We had a service project at her neighbor's house. We cut down like 10 trees, it was fun. I enjoyed it. We were there for three hours! I would have hated that kind of service back home but I've come to love helping people!
So, everyone here who knows I'm American keeps giving me slack about the American cup??? That boat race thing that's in San Fransisco. they are so into it here and I don't really understand it but the Kiwi's go hard here with the American Cup!
I'm doing so good! I love being a missionary. It's so amazing that words can't describe it. It makes me happy and I can see how it makes those we teach-- who really seek to know-- makes them happy. It's so amazing when you're teaching and you can just feel the Spirit take over. It's my mouth moving but the thoughts and words don't come from my brain, ha! They do, I've actually learned a lot! It is truly amazing to teach by the Spirit.
For FHE sometime, you should watch the Mormon Message, "The Extraordinary Gift" it's so amazing!
I love you guys--have a good week!
Love,
Elder Johnson
| His breakfast---straight from the sea (he said yum) |
| His new shirt from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson |
| Multi Zone Conference September 19 in Auckland (Elder Johnson is in the 2nd row from the back--5 over from the right) |
No comments:
Post a Comment